mardi 7 mai 2024

EASY USB, a MSX cartridge dream!

Since the beginning of the development of the MSX cartridge, I have integrated the possibility of restarting the MSX computer once the cartridge has been loaded via the USB port.

However, this requires making a small modification inside the computer. Nothing very dangerous since you have to connect a link coming from the cartridge to the RESET system of the computer. I personally installed a banana plug on the case of my MSX OMEGA into which I plug the reset signal coming from the cartridge.

However, not all MSX machine owners feel comfortable making this modification. The question that was then asked to me was whether it was possible to make an electrical outlet controlled directly by the cartridge. Yes of course.

To maximize safety of use, however, there was no question of directly connecting the cartridge to a switching system. I opted for a radio link with the use of small, low-cost modules, specially designed for this type of application.

Obviously, this requires manufacturing a small autonomous electronic system. So here is this system:



Quite simply!

I didn't make the 3D print of the little transformer that I ended up finding. 

But it gives an idea of what the final circuit will look like. A transformer transforms the mains current into 6Vac, rectified then filtered and regulated to 5V for the RF module and the two relay control transistors. Two transistor protection diodes are also installed.

Note that I inserted two relays for the two sector conductors. In this way, when the socket is placed in OFF, we will be sure that the devices connected to this socket will be completely removed from the electrical network.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire