vendredi 2 février 2024

GoWin FPGA, why?

I discovered GoWin FPGAs a few years ago. I have nothing to say about these FPGAs. They work well, the software also works correctly. Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds then?

Hmm, not really! I ordered these FPGAs at the beginning of 2021. And, thanks or because of the shortage of components at that time, the price increased by 50%. Which makes these circuits, how to say... less interesting to use now.

Indeed, I design electronic systems for the 'enlightened' amateur domain, and not for the professional domain. The spectrum of manufacturing prices cannot be high. I therefore have to use components with the best quality/price ratio.

This is the reason why I decided to test a new family of FPGAs. I chose the Efinix brand and the FPGA TRION range. I know absolutely nothing about these components. Before ordering a development kit, I tested the IDE and, despite a small compilation problem, quickly corrected with a patch provided by Efinix, I was able to compile a previous Gowin FPGA project without problem, namely the FPGA implementation of the µPF1. 

Although for the moment I have not produced anything concrete with these new components, I believe I was able to successfully complete the 'feasibility' tests.

So, I ordered an Efinix kit:


The adventure goes on ;-)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire