vendredi 2 février 2024

A flash cartridge downloadable from USB : after the first tests in real life.

I had the opportunity to provide a prototype cartridge to Aoineko, the maintainer of the MSXgl graphics library : https://aoineko.org/msxgl/index.php?title=Main_Page

The cartridge works almost as expected. I have planned an improvement in the management of the USB bus because the cartridge tends to disconnect from time to time to his PC. 

I also added the possibility of declaring the cartridge in 64KB mode automatically. In fact, it is the cartridge itself which adapts according to the size of the file received from the PC.

When I studied the cartridge, I did it from the MSX computer I own, which is an OMEGA. So I placed the connector far enough away from the surface of the OMEGA. But this is not enough!

Oups!

So I placed the USB connector higher and took the opportunity to modify the placement of the processor which manages the USB bus. I wasn't totally happy with the USB signal tracks on the previous board. It's now much better. I also placed a precise 8MHz oscillator on this processor. This should make the USB bus work better.


On the other hand I also have cartridge cases. All I have to do now is have this cartridge version made.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire