vendredi 2 juillet 2021

A SMALL MIDI TOOL (next)

Another problem that really annoys me when I want to quickly jump to a patch on a specific synth. is that it is never easy. You have to go to the PC to play with the mouse, or type on the series of control keys of a particular hardware sequencer. Or more simply, get up from your seat to change the patch directly on the machine.

I decided to create a small simple module allowing to select a MIDI channel as well as a change of patch on the selected channel.

Here is the result of my thoughts on the subject:


Unlike the Midi Merge Box project, here, the system must fit into the MIDI chain. The system cannot therefore be passive and must insert the patch change commands only when the MIDI 'network' is available.

The second challenge consists in power the Patch selector from the MIDI bus. Indeed, such a device which must be inserted in a MIDI chain can be very quickly painful to use if in addition it is necessary to manage the power supply unit.

To do that, it is necessary to develop a system whose power consumption remains below 20mA, ideally below 15mA. this time, I chose a microcontroller that I haven't used for over 15 years but which turns out to be very energy efficient and above all very easy to program / debug.

At the stage where I am developing my little studio, I have now to decide for a mixing console. I would go for a RACK version because I don't have a lot of room in my studio!

What do you think of Yamaha's TF-R rack console?


Tell me if you have any comments on this console ...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire