mercredi 6 décembre 2023

A flash cartridge downloadable from USB, a few days later.

As I indicated in my previous post, I had almost reached the end of creating my USB downloadable cartridge, but unfortunately, the USB protocol generates periodic activity on the USB bus, which is disrupts operation of my cartridge. This involves unplugging the USB cable once the download is complete. This was not the objective that I had set for myself, namely to leave the cartridge connected to the PC while being used in an MSX computer.

So I had to find a solution. In fact it is very simple, use two processors on the card. The first manages USB communication, the second manages loading the cartridge and providing data to the MSX bus.

Yes, two processors. As the entire software aspect is already developed, all I will have to do is manage the communication between these two processors to finalize the project. As in any case the cost of the additional processor is comparable to that of a DIP FLASH, this solution is not that 'absurd'.

And the result of my thoughts is this:


I must say that the result is quite clean. I still have to check the placement of the notches because on the previous version, I realized that the insertion into the case was slightly forcing.

Ah yes, I also added the possibility of choosing the slot in which this cartridge should operate. Like this, the 'concept' is complete.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire