mercredi 16 février 2022

Drumulator : about sound generation.

Now that I know how to manage the samples using the micro-sequencer I created in VHDL, I have to study the analog part using a converter other than the original one.

The AM6072 circuit is obviously no longer available. It is therefore necessary to use a standard DAC instead of the original companding DAC. I will use a lookup table in the FPGA to modify the response of the new DAC.

In order not to launch myself right now in the realization of the Drumulator clone, I must test the sound generation of the eight channels using the new DAC. So I started to create a little test circuit board:


I tried to keep the size as small as possible. You never know, if this board works well, I could use it as it is. However the implementation of the components is rather dense. I don't know if I will be able to route all the tracks correctly. 

To be continued...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire